Number Of Books You Read: 65
Number of Re-Reads: 15
Genre You Read The Most From: High Fantasy with 15 Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Polina cheated on this one but I’m gonna behave…kinda by limiting it to five.
Best books I read in 2015 are gonna be – Illuminae, Winter, Queen of Shadows, A Darker Shade of Magic, Lair of Dreams
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
- Everything, Everything. I was so excited by this book and then when it came time to actually read the book, the ending just ruined everything for me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
- Illuminae! I’ve never read an alternate format book before, and not only did I fall in love with this book but I’ve fallen in love with alternate format books and I keep trying to find more of them!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
- Ugh it’s gonna be Illuminae again. I brought it up once in front of a friend of mine and she literally said “Oh boy here goes Sondra again. Converting people to the cult of Illuminae,” I should point out said friend still hasn’t read it. I’m still pestering her.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
- Series I Started: The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
- Sequel: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- Series Ender: Winter by Marissa Meyer
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
- Victoria Schwab! Or V. E. Schwab. I read so many of her books and I loved every single one of them.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
- I read a LOT of contemporary. I read my first contemporary book at the end of 2014, and this year it was my second highest number of books read! Best book out of that though is gonna be Rebeound by Noelle August.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
- Action Packed: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Was there a moment when things went right at ALL?
- Thrilling: Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan
- Unputdownable: Winter by Marissa Meyer
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
- Marissa Meyer. I reread her books yearly. I can’t seem to stop myself from rereading the entire series all the time.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. Hands down.
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
- Can I cheat and say the entire group of Six of Crows? All of them?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
- No no don’t make me do this. UGH.
- The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
- Can I say all of them? Every single book changes me a little bit. I pick up bits and pieces of every book and take them with me as I go forward through life.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
“I love you.”
“Really? I couldn’t tell.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
- Shortest: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (104 pages)
- Longest: Winter by Marissa Meyer (827 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
- Probably Illuminae again. SHUSH I HAVE A PROBLEM I KNOW IT.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
- My OTP of all OTPs is always Scarlet and Wolf from The Lunar Chronicles. ALWAYS THEM.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
- Aelin and Lysandra from Queen of Shadows
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
- Can I just go with Winter by Marissa Meyer again? Can I just do that?
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
- I LOVE ALL OF THE CHARACTERS I CAN’T PICK I JUST… I WON’T. I REFUSE. I LOVE THEM ALL.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
- Best Worldbuilding: Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray. I love so much how she keeps changing this series and building so many worlds. It was so great.
- Most Vivid Setting: This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzie Lee
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
- Book That Put A Smile On My Face: Winter by Marissa Meyer. I CANNOT WITH THIS SERIES I CANNOT.
- Book That Was The Most Fun To Read: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
- I don’t really cry in books? But I had such a book hangover after The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead cause that entire world is done and I’m so sad over that.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
- I avoid sad books like YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE. I can’t do sad books. I try but I can’t. Probably why I don’t cry in books.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
- It’s gonna be Illuminae again.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
- Everything, Everything. I was just so ANGRY at the ending. That book hit so close to home, and then the end just UGH.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
- All of them? I don’t know I really enjoyed my review writing this last year, I feel like I’m starting to come into my own with my reviews too.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
- I really didn’t do enough of these in 2015. Officially a resolution for 2016!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
- TLA! I had so much fun and I’ve got the bug to go to all of the book events now.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
- Gonna have to be when I surprised Mackenzi Lee at TLA.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
- Sometimes I was REALLY REALLY into my blog, and then other times I just felt like it was dragging me down, like sometimes I couldn’t seem to find the energy to do anything with my blog. This year I’ve got some amazing energy going and I hope that it continues and I can’t wait to see where this year takes us.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
- That would be my ACOTAR review.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
- Is it wrong of me to say all of them? I love our dedicated followers, I love each and every one of you, but I do wish we had more of y’all haha
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
- Ummm… Probably just how great GoodReads is, again, like I learned so much more about it and I’m so happy.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
- My local library had a read 50 books challenge and I was able to complete that, unfortunately it was the only one, that I was able to complete.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
- Ice Like Fire! Don’t ask me why I didn’t pick this one up but I STILL haven’t!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
- ALL OF THEM??? Okay fine. The Girl From Everywhere
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
- THE RAVEN KING. UGH JUST I’M SCARED OKAY.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
- Post reviews for pretty much everything I’ve read.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
- The Crowns Game! It was so gooood!!